Paula Hewitt, MA, LAC
Licensed Associate Counselor
Compassionate and dedicated Licensed Associate Counselor that is committed to providing empathetic support and guidance to individuals seeking mental and emotional wellbeing. Skilled in active listening, evidenced-based therapeutic techniques, and fostering a safe environment for personal growth. Passionate about helping clients navigate challenges and empower them to achieve their goals for a healthier and happier life. My therapeutic approach is a person-centered humanistic approach that looks at the whole person rather than just a single area of a person's life. In this approach, the client’s needs, experiences, and perspectives take center stage. My belief is that therapists should work collaboratively with clients, respecting their autonomy, and involving them in the therapeutic process as we are a team.
Areas of Expertise:
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Licensed Associate Counselor (LAC)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Grand Canyon University.
- Person-Centered, Humanistic Therapy techniques
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) techniques
- Family Systems Therapy
- Therapy with children, adolescents, adults, families, and groups.
- Extensive experience with mental health assessments and individual treatment plans.
- Crisis intervention with children, adolescents and adults, including suicidal ideation and self-harm.
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
Fun Facts and Hobbies:
- Spending quality time with family
- Traveling and camping
- Reading / Book Club
- Playing video games