Courtney Downs, MA, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
My top priority as a therapist is creating a safe and empowering space for my clients to learn about themselves and improve their lives. I believe long-lasting, positive change is possible for every person, no matter their life experiences. I view a supportive and collaborative relationship between client and therapist as a tool for transformation and growth. My therapeutic approach is human-centered and holistic, guided by the understanding that all clients’ experiences and aspirations differ. I strive to tailor my approach to each individual’s unique needs. I enjoy incorporating mindfulness techniques into my therapeutic treatment.
Areas of Expertise:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Bipolar Disorders
- LGBTQIA+ Experiences
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Bachelor of Science is Psychology, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Master of Arts in Forensic Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Human- or Person-Centered
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Training
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
- Play-Centered Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- LGBTQIA+ affirming.
- Therapy with children, adolescents, adults, families, and groups.
- Extensive experience with mental health assessments and individual treatment plans.
- Crisis intervention with children and adolescents, including suicidal ideation and self-harm.
- Trauma-focused interventions, including experiences with families involved in foster care.
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
Fun Facts and Hobbies:
- Spending Time with my Partner, Dog, and Cats
- Cooking Cajun Family Recipes
- Reading Mystery Novels