Brittney R. Lind, Psy.D.
I believe that acceptance and change go hand in hand: when people feel accepted and understood, they are able to engage in self-reflection and move towards their goals. I provide a place of acceptance, warmth, and safety. I help clients identify the many factors that might be affecting their wellbeing — including past experiences, current environment, cultural context, biological factors, spiritual concerns, and more — and I empower clients with the skills and support they need to move in the direction they choose. My approach to therapy is guided by respect for my client’s experience and goals.
Areas of Expertise:
- Personality disorders
- Emerging adulthood
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology from Harvard University
- Doctor of Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Trauma Focused
- 8 years of experience
- Experience in inpatient, college counseling, and community mental health settings
- Individual therapy
Fun Facts and Hobbies:
- I grew up in suburban New York.
- I moved to Chicago in 2011 and fell in love with both the city and my husband, a Chicago native.
- In my free time, I enjoy reading, playing video games (primarily RPGs), and spending time with my husband and stepson.
- I strive to stay informed about political and social issues and to understand the lived experiences of all people.